Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2 weeks already!!

So it has now been two weeks here. I finally got my car today which is great as Athan and I have been a bit trapped. We had been waiting for it to be shipped and now I am imagining all the wonderful places Athan and I will travel to while it's raining.

We went to the Tulip festival this past weekend with a friend of Theo's from work, his wife and their almost 3 yrs old son. It was a nice time and the flowers were lovely. It was so muddy though and every time you walked through the row a bit to take a picture, you got muddy. There are several photos of me carefully walking through the row as I didn't know I was supposed to wear boots and really only have one pair of shoes I can wear. Then we went on a ferry. This I have to say has been the highlight of my two week experience. It's fascinating!!!!!!!!!!! They take ferries the way people take trains at home. Just get on, cross over to an island, and then come back. I asked the couple we were with what's on the islands and such and they said it's the same as any place, just separated by water. I asked if there were Wal-Marts and grocery stores. They said of course. I asked a bunch of inane questions because I find it so fascinatling. I suppose I could have given them a better impression of myself but I need to know little details for this to make sense of why people lived on these islands. Regardless, fascinating!!!!!

I am big and fat and waddle around a lot. That's a bummer. I had to do the 3 hr sugar test as I failed my glucose at home but after being poked and prodded for several hours it turns out I am fine. I did however go and get scans of the baby and they did a few 3D ones as it appears the baby has a glogged tear duct. This is amazing!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes modern technology just blows me away. He looks just like Athan. At first it looked like his nose was enormous and I asked the tech. to be honest and tell me if she thinks he has a large nose, but it turned out, his nose looks just a little large. I am awaiting his arrival but then I am sure once he is here and we are home I will want to put him back in.

It's been two weeks of really not working, other than minor things, and I must say I enjoy no one wanting me. It feels good to be unwanted...........poor and unwanted are oddly right up my alley.

Easter will be here soon and this will be our first holiday away from home. I am sure it will be sad. We usually have lamb for dinner. I will not be making lamb.

Oh my gosh I forgot to say that we also went to Pike's Market which is the big market everyone knows about. It was Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was so much stuff to see and so much to buy. I didn't buy anything really cause we got there so late but I can't wait for my parents to come down here and see because my dad will love it!!!!! They had huge lobster tails.............I just wanted to steal all the lobster and run out of there. I will be back there soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment